The robot is the new norm, and no one can deny the fact. Once, these robots were considered a meek strategy to help humans carry weighty kits, and now they are technologically refined machines with the ability to think, learn, and perform innumerable activities. And, they can do it without needing any detailed guidance from any human. 2020 was the year of advancement for robotics. Let’s see some amazing robotics statistics to know more about its importance, trends, and uses.
Enthralling Robotics Statistics
- Last year, the total count of robotic units was 12 million worldwide. But, solely North American businesses are recorded to purchase 31,044 robotics.
- Cobots or commonly called “Collaborative robots,” are expected to constitute a total of 34% of overall robot sales by the end of 2025.
- Coming to the regional robotics statistics, North American companies grew by 3.5% in 2021
- A significant rise of 12% was observed in robots’ shipments from 2020 to 2022 worldwide.
- The National Bureau of Statistics data states that China’s production of industrial robots has been increasing continuously by 29.2% annually.
- The Amazon’s cobots have effectively saved $22 million
- Apart from the car business, the orders for robotic units have expanded and are expected to reach 11% in electrical, photonics, and semiconductors by the end of 2021.
- The robotics industry has been successfully employing more than 150,000 skillful individuals internationally in engineering and assembly professions.
- 88% of industries worldwide are planning to implement robotic automation within every aspect of their IT infrastructure.
- Fast-forwarding to 2022, roughly 584,000 robotic units are planned to be shipped.
- Taking genuine robotics industry statistics under consideration, a minimum of 15% development will be observed by 2028, making the total income worth approx. $20 billion.
- It might shock you, but there will be almost 1,287 robots for every 10,000 workers by 2021 in the automotive industry.
- In the past year, over 3.05 million industrial robot units have been installed all across the global industries for increased efficiency and productivity.
- From 2020 to 2022, a 12% increase in robotics shipments worldwide is predictable. It makes driving the annual robotics unit sales worth 465,000 in 2020 and 584,000 units in 2022.
- When we talk about the future, we can say almost $20 billion will be the total robotics industry’s value by the time we reach 2028.
- In the medical department, Veebot robots offer 83% accuracy to spot the best vein for drawing blood from the patients.
- From 2021-2026, the Global Robotics Market will be valued at USD 74.1 billion with a 17.45% CAGR, which was used to be the only USD 27.73 billion last year.
Robotics industry expansion
- As the stats represent, the robotics sector has displayed nearly 70% annual growth by the first quarter of 2021 in comparison to 020. Other industrial niches that have depicted a notable improvement regarding implementation are:
- 56% annually in Food and consumer goods
- 51% annually in Plastics and rubber
- 39% annually in Automotive
Robots in Agriculture
- The value and size of the robotics market exclusively for the global agricultural practices is expected to rise up to $20.6 billion with a CAGR of 22.8% by 2025. Whereas the value recorded in 2020 was $7.4 billion
- Moreover, drone robots, also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), are one of the greatest advancements made by Robotics worldwide. The market size of agricultural drones will surely be expanding by nearly $6.2 billion with a 25.0% CAGR by the end of 2024. The reason for its upsurge is its inexpensive tactics for conducting field analysis.
Robotics statistics in Military
- In a couple of years, there will be a military robot market size worth $30.8 billion with a CAGR of 12.92%. By the end of 2025, global spending will reach $16.5 billion solely on military robotics.
Most popular consumer of industrial robotics
- In 2021, 310 000 industrial robots have been installed in China, making it the highest in the world. It confirms that China is the most substantial consumer of industrial robotics on the global level. In second place is Japan, with 61 000 installations. South Korea and the US come in third place, having a total of 46 000 robotics installations.
Robots in healthcare
- Coming to the healthcare industry, more than 200 companies worldwide are managing the production of robotics purposed for helping medical professionals. Apart from general healthcare uses, the orders for life sciences and pharmaceutical robotics have also crossed the big number in 2021. In fact, significant growth of 69% has been noticed. All credit goes to the COVID-19, the pandemic.
Read the article on cybersecurity statistics.