Accenture plc is an Irish-domiciled worldwide organization that provides counseling and professional services. A Fortune Global 500 organization detailed revenues of $44.33 billion in 2020 and had 569,000 employees. In 2015, the firm had around 150,000 workers in India, 48,000 in the US, and 50,000 in the Philippines. Accenture’s present customers incorporate 91 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500.
EES’s cloud computing consulting services come with a mission to ease your cloud adoption at a reasonable cost with a minimal physical effort to drive business progress. We manage your cloud infrastructure with little or no risk.
The services that Accenture provides follow:
- Accenture Strategy provides business strategy, technology strategy, and operations strategy services.
- Accenture Consulting provides technology, business and management consulting.
- Accenture Interactive (formerly Digital) provides digital marketing, analytics, and mobility services.
- Accenture Technology focuses on technology software, implementation, delivery, and research & development, including its Technology Labs for emerging technologies.
- Accenture focuses on an “as-a-service” model of service delivery. This includes business processing outsourcing, IT services, cloud services, manages operations and security.
Culture at Accenture
Accenture is a firm that prioritizes social issues such as climate change and acts against it. They aspire to be a sustainable company, transforming the global economy into one that works for the benefit of all.
- They want to achieve net-zero emissions by 2025: They intend to focus on actual reductions across the scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions and invest in nature-based solutions to remove carbon from the atmosphere. They will focus first on substantial reductions in their emissions by powering their offices with 100% renewable energy, engaging key suppliers to reduce their emissions, and equipping their people to make climate-smart travel decisions.
- By 2025, they will re-use or recycle all their e-waste and office furniture. They are committed to eliminating single-use plastics in their locations post-COVID. They are committed to eliminating single-use plastics in their sites after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- By 2025, they will develop plans to reduce the impact of flooding, drought, and water scarcity on their business and their people in high-risk areas. They will also immediately begin to measure and reduce water use in those locations.
- Accelerating environmental sustainability, to reach their net-zero goals by 2025, they increased their mix of renewable electricity to 30% in fiscal 2020, an improvement over their 26% renewable electricity rate in fiscal 2019.
Strategy Towards Science-Based Targets
Accenture is to be the largest professional services company with a goal aligned to the Science-Based Targets initiative. By 2025, they aim to reduce their absolute greenhouse gas emissions by 11%, their scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 65%, and scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions per unit of revenue intensity by 40%. Their progress against those goals in 2020:
- Total emissions, reflecting short-term impacts of the pandemic, decreased by 32% from the baseline, exceeding one aspect of the 2025 target.
- Scope 1 and 2 were reduced by 39%
- Emissions per unit of revenue were reduced by 45%
Leave a Reply