What is Cloud Storage?
You may keep asking yourself, what is cloud storage? It’s a data management solution that lets you keep your data and documents safe in an off-site location. It can get accessed anytime from anywhere, but not by anyone. Only a person with the password can access it, using a public or private internet connection. As soon as you transfer all your data and files to the cloud, the storage becomes the concern of a third party who is the cloud provider.
It is their responsibility to keep your data safe and away from the hands of hackers and unknown individuals
The past few years have witnessed hundreds of technological revolutions. Yet, none has comprehended the advantages of using cloud storage. Do you know what is the benefit of saving data in a cloud? It ensures that you get what you need from the cloud with no delay!
This article is going to share some quick benefits of Cloud storage and the providers currently leading the market.
What are the Potential Benefits of Cloud Storage?
Well, there is not one but many advantages. For instance, when you use computer hard drives, you can only save a finite number of files, documents, and data. Probably with less capacity than you need. Upon facing this problem, you may get moved to make storage area networks (SANs) where they can archive data and files.
BUT, hold up! That will be too expensive.
What other option do you have that should be safe, easy, and economical?? YES, CLOUD STORAGE!
Here are a few more advantages:
- Cloud storage is easy to use and maintain.
- Virtually Unlimited Capacity. It provides elasticity and allows you to increase the storage capacity as much as you have to.
- Cost-effective as they will help you save from paying extra dollars for storage technology and capacity.
- You can access the data from anywhere. All you need is a stable internet connection.
- A scalable alternative to on-premise hard drives or storage networks.
- Considering off-site management, you can minimize your staff.
- It lets you exercise a quick implementation. You can set up things effortlessly in no time.
- Business continuity is a key appeal. Your data gets stored and saved offsite, where it’s secure from natural tragedies or terrorist attacks.
Types of Cloud Storage
There may be many categories, but let’s start with the basics:
- Object Storage with vast scalability, flexibility, and metadata options. You can use Object storage solutions such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) to enhance the features.
- File Storage. Making a secure file system supported with a NAS (Network Attached Storage) server. It helps you keep large content away from the eye of hackers.
- Block Storage. Dedicated, ultra-low latency storage designed to deliver high performance even in unbearable workloads
Jumping to the next domain, the cloud storage is available in:
- Public storage clouds – A storage cloud that you can access by the third-party (cloud provider) and other companies who are in the loop of clouds storage services
- Private cloud storage – A cloud storage only you, as a user, can access. Banks and retail companies mostly use this method
- Hybrid cloud storage – A combination of both private and public cloud storage characteristics. It comes with the choice of uploading data to any of the clouds, private or public. It means, you can save your high-security and sensitive info in a strict private cloud whereas less sensitive in the public cloud.
Issues that May Emerge
- You may experience some security concerns such as occasional breaches even after updating IT solutions and technologies
- Control of third-party (cloud service providers) over your accessing, transferring, sharing, and monitoring your saved data
- With high traffic or slow networks, you may encounter delays in data transmission. It happens particularly when using shared public internet.
- The regulatory compliance might restrict you and disturb your business comfortability. Complying with strict rules can get really bizarre.
- Data privacy and archival rules can create uneasiness.
Leading Cloud Storage Providers
- Understandable working
- Easy to maintain
- Loaded with standard features
- Outstanding custom support
- Best for personal backups
Read more on the features
- Easy to manage
- An economical option
- Lots of Media management tools
- No option for live chat for phone support
Read more about pCloud
- Ideal for legal, healthcare, and accounting business
- Free 5GB storage
- Encrypted storage
- Robust privacy laws
- Saves files with no size limits
- Likable security features
- 15GB free storage
- Backup Support
- Integration with Google Docs
- Don’t have strong privacy rules
- Easy team collaboration
Leave a Reply